Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (NUIST) , formerly named Nanjing Institute of Meteorology, was established in 1960 and enjoys the reputation as “the cradle of meteorological talents in China”. Co-constructed by the Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government, the Ministry of Education of China, the China Meteorological Administration (CMA) and the State Oceanic Administration, the university is now on the list of China’s national “Double First-rate” universities and disciplines and is also included in the provincial high-level universities in Jiangsu province. The discipline of Atmospheric Science ranks No. 1 in the discipline evaluation conducted by the Ministry of Education of China. The disciplines of Geoscience, Engineering and Computer Science have entered top 1% ESI international discipline ranking. According to the four most influential international university rankings, NUIST ranks 80 among all the universities in mainland China averagely.
Welcome all the talents from home and abroad to NUIST!
The activity is to establish a platform of communication and cooperation for all the outstanding scholoars from home and abroad and offer them an opportunity to have a better understaning of our univerisy through presidnets' introduction, academic discussions and profound communications. We hope to attract more talents to develop their careers in our univeristy and thus to promote the construction of our our first-rate discipline.
Sciences indcluding Meteorology, Environment, Oceanography, Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Science,Control, Mathematics, Geography, Remote Sensing as well as Humanities.
A doctorate from a famous overseas university or a doctorate from a famous national univeristy with no less than 36 months' successive research experience in famous universities, research insititutions or entreprises in China or abroad; intention to apply for the national Thousand Talents Programme; outstanding academic achievements by meeting as least one of the following conditions:
1. Publications in world top jounals like Science or Nature, their sub journals or other similar world famous journals;
2. Highly cited scientists (according to Thomson Reuters data) or scholars (according to Elsevier data);
3. More than 5 publications in top journals in relevant research area or in the first-class journals according to CAS JCR Journal Classification in the past five years;
4. Accumulated influence factor of SCI-indexed papers over 30 in the past five years (20 for engineering and technology)
5. No less than 5 publications in top journals on humanities in the past five years;
6. Great contributions in economy, culture or other areas.
IV. Salary and welfare
1. For selectees of the four Youth Introduction Programmes or other national talent introduction programmes (Unit: RMB):
Annual salary: 800,000 or more (before tax)
Settling-in allowance: 1,000,000-20,000,000
Housing: transition replacement housing available; prioritized right to purchase the Apartment for Talents on campus
Research: Start-up fund of 1,000,000-10,000,000 (no less than 500,000 for humanities); assistance in research team construction; favorable policy in PhD students’ or postdoctoral researchers’ recruitment.
2. For those who have the potential to successfully apply for the four Youth Introduction Programmes or other national talent introduction programmes (Unit: RMB):
Annual salary: 500,000 or more (before tax)
Welfare: to be negotiated
V. Time and content
1. Time: all the year around
2. Content: Presidents’ introduction, on-the-spot visit or academic report with Presidents’ company
1. Free round-trip travel expenses (business class by plane or business seat by fast train);
2. Free accommodation on campus and transportation from and to the airport or railway station.
Please send the filled “Application Form for Face to Face with NUIST Presidents” (see Appendix) and personal resume to email@example.com
We will send Invitations to qualified candidates in time. Please avoid using gmail mailbox to ensure proper receipt of our Invitations. Please write the theme of the mail as “Face to Face with NUIST Presidents + Name + Affiliation + Major”.
VIII. Contact information
Address: Department of Human Resources, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (NUIST), Nanjing, China
Post Code: 210044
Contact: DING Ni, XU Zhiyong